The best way to avoid real estate short sale scams is to be informed and aware of red flags. There are three main questions to ask and watch for:
1) Payments that are required beforehand:
- Similar to all scams, payments should not be required before the products or services are received.
- At Oyezz we are the short sale specialists in Dallas area. Here, no payments are required from the homeowners at all, that includes before and after the short sale is completed. This ensures that the homeowner will not lose anything even if the short sale is not completed.
2) Unexperienced Negotiators, Lawyers, and Real Estate Agents:
- Be sure to do your research to ensure that those you are trusting with your short sale are experienced professionals.
3) Unofficial Documents and Process:
- The best way to ensure that the whole short sale process is official is to be involved, stay informed, and ask questions. You do not have to understand every detail, but you must ask questions and understand your part in the short sale.
For more on this subject, you can read our website section on avoiding short sale scams in real estate. We are the Short Sale Experts in DFW area and would love to answer any other questions you may have. Just call us at 972-342-0011.