The effects of bankruptcy and a short sale are different. Although both are an alternative to foreclosure, you should consider how the end result will affect you in the long run.
– Appears on background checks that can be seen by prospective employers
– Appears on your credit and financials which will affect your ability to borrow money
-Bankruptcy records are open to the public and remains in the public records
– Appears as a “settled debt” on your credit report
– There is no deficiency judgment after a short sale
– Not affect security clearance or appear on background checks
– Purchase another home faster than after foreclosure or bankruptcy
As the leading short sale experts in Texas, we can help you to determine the best option for your situation. Give us a call at (972) 342-0011 and speak with someone about the short sale process and how we can help you!